The capability for making secure, on-line donations has been provided to parishioners and stewards of Saint Nicholas for their convenience. By taking a few minutes, your future donations and stewardship obligations may be easily and readily fulfilled using this simple, convenient AND secure capability. Simply follow the instructions below to establish your account. Thank you for your generous support to Saint Nicholas!
Advantages of Online Donations
- They are fast, easy and secure.
- They eliminate the hassle of writing the check, bringing it to church, take it to the bank etc...
- They provide an easy way for us to manage the donations income.
- When you make an online donation, you automatically receive an invoice of your donation.
Donations made above will be used for the operations of the Church. Donations can be made here using PayPal. PayPal can now be used with or without an account. All major credit cards are excepted at PayPal, so your options are not limited. PayPal's systems are secure and will not reveal any credit card or checking account information to anybody (not even the church.) We, as a Church, are a non-profit organization and we enjoy a tax-exempt status. Therefore, your donations are tax-deductible.
PayPal Corporate Profile
PayPal enables any business or consumer with an email address to securely, conveniently, and cost-effectively send and receive payments online. PayPal's network builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards to create a global, real-time payment solution. PayPal delivers a product ideally suited for small businesses, online merchants, individuals and others currently underserved by traditional payment mechanisms.
PayPal seeks to become the global standard for online payments, offering our service to users in 37 countries including the United States. PayPal has over 15 million registered users, including more than 2.2 million business accounts. PayPal's account base is growing by an average of 18,000 accounts per day, with virtually no traditional sales or marketing.
The size of PayPal's network and widening acceptance of their product has helped them become the leading payment network for online auction websites, including eBay. PayPal is also being increasingly used at other e-commerce sites, for the sale of goods such as electronics and household items, the sale of services such as web design and travel, and the sale of digital content. Offline businesses, including lawyers, contractors and physicians, have increasingly begun to receive payments online through PayPal. PayPal's service, which lets users send payments for free, can be used from PCs or Web-enabled mobile phones.
PayPal was recently purchased by eBay and continues to be one of the top free online places for sending and receiving payments.
PayPal is a free and extremely secure way to make online transactions. Their company profile appears immediately after the instructions below.
PayPal has been around for many years, and it provides an option to create an account, which will make future donations fast and easy. You do not have to create an account; just provide your credit card information and rest assure that your credit card information will be protected.
TRY ONLINE BANKING FOR YOUR STEWARDSHIP PAYMENTS - It’s Easy and Convenient! How does it work and how do I set it up?
• Log into your online banking Account.
• Go to Bill Pay
• Set the Church up as a Payee: Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church 3109 Scio Church Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
• Set the amount you wish to give and the frequency (eg. Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, etc)
• Your bank will send the Church a check based on your instructions. IT’S THAT EASY!
• Your bank will notify you when your check has been mailed. You can change or stop the payments anytime.
Through a Retirement Account: You can name the Saint Nicholas Parish as beneficiary of all, or a portion of, your retirement account assets such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), Keogh, or other qualified plan.
• Stewardship - Read More
• Gift Planning - Legacy and Planned Gifts
Legacy or "planned" gifts help support the Saint Nicholas Parish for generations to come. Legacy gifts are those that take effect after our journey on earth has ended. They are often the most significant gifts we may ever make, and their importance to the work of the Saint Nicholas Parish cannot be overestimated. There are several legacy gifts for you to consider in one of the following ways:
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Deferred Gift Annuity
- Gifts of Cash
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Gifts of Real Estate
- Gifts of Securities
- Gifts of Tangible Personal Property
- Life Income Gifts
- Matching Gifts
- Qualified Retirement Plans
Donors can choose from a variety of creative ways to contribute, including:
- Estate planning/bequests — a great way to include the Saint Nicholas Parish through a Will or Trust: You can leave a bequest to the Saint Nicholas Parish in your will or trust. It can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or whatever remains after all other bequests are satisfied.
- Through an Insurance Policy or Annuity: You can name the Saint Nicholas Parish as first, second, or as contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy or annuity.
- Gifts that pay you or your loved ones an income
- Through a Life Income Gift: Life income gifts come in several varieties, the most popular of which is the Charitable Gift Annuity. Both the donor and the Saint Nicholas Parish can greatly benefit from these arrangements.
- Gifts of appreciated stocks or other assets
- A Legacy Gift is one of the most powerful ways to support the mission of the Saint Nicholas Parish. Because of the way planned gifts are structured, they often enable donors to make larger gifts than would otherwise be possible. Some planned gifts even provide significant income and tax benefits to the donor.
The information on this site is not intended as legal, tax or investment advice. For definitive advice, please consult an attorney, tax professional or investment professional. For more information, please contact Rev. Father Nicoloas H. Kotsis at (734) 332-8200 for a no-obligation conversation or email@example.com.
• Memorial and Honorary Gifts
Honor a friend, family member or colleague with a gift that creates a living legacy enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people each year. Memorial donations can be acknowledged in a number of personalized ways, such as with a scholarship, brick, tree or bench, or based on an individual's area of preference and passion.
To establish a Memorial program please contact Rev. Father Nicoloas H. Kotsis at (734) 332-8200 for a no-obligation conversation or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Support Us
If you have any professional or occupational skill that you would like to offer to the Church on a volunteer basis, please contact the Clergy, or any member of the Parish Council or Stewardship Committee.
Time and Talents is getting involved with the Church, both in your participation in ministries and offering your volunteer time, as well as your talents to help further the Church's mission and ministries.
In God's wisdom, we were all created to be different in our abilities and talents so that we might help each other. God designed it that way to bring us together as a community. When we pray and worship as a community, many talents are at work; the Priest; the congregation singing; the chanter; the altar boys, and the ushers are giving their talents.
Talents can be as simple as being a reader to organizing a fund-raiser. Maybe you can sing well or write well, or you can bake or cook well. Whatever the talent, we are called by God to share them and each of us has many talents to share in the service of our parish and the community at large.
Think of all the different talents you have and how you could use them to benefit others and the church. Look over the many ways you could help out and make a commitment. We need everyone's talents so the burden isn't left to a small group.
The world of today is a fast-paced, time consuming place. Our jobs, children, personal commitments, leisurely pursuits, and sleeping all take a toll on the 24 hours we have in a day. We never seem to have enough time. The irony is time was given to us by God, and us humans, in our wisdom have figured out endless ways to use it or waste it. Could there be any greater use of our time than that spent serving God in fulfilling His mission, serving the parish, and our fellow brothers and sisters?
Here at Saint Nicholas we have many great ministries, committees, worship services, classes and fellowship gatherings where you can spend your time spiritually, helping others, in fellowship, and serving the needs of the parish and the community. We have people volunteering their time for many of these great works, but we need help from everyone so the burden doesn't fall on a few. The needs of the Church are growing as the number of parishioners grows, and we need many more stewards to come forward and offer their stewardship of time.
Do you want to volunteer and don't know where to start? Let us know...
The material in this entire section ("Giving Opportunities") is designed to furnish our parishioners and friends with general information. It is not intended as legal or financial advice. When considering a charitable gift, be sure to consult your attorney, professional adviser or accountant to ensure that it meets your individual circumstances. The Church office will be happy to assist you and your advisers in developing an approach that will best fit your needs and desires. If you would like further information concerning giving opportunities, please contact Rev. Father Nicoloas H. Kotsis at (734) 332-8200 for a no-obligation conversation or email@example.com.